The loom of a potential economic collapse on our economy can be a terrifying thought. Somehow, it hasn’t been the first time we experience this large-scale setback affecting billions of lives. Often, reading inspiring quotes on the financial crisis and economic collapse from great economists and wealth researchers can help us bring insight and strategy when in need.
Have you ever been affected by an economic crisis? Chances are yes, absolutely. For some, it has been good business, but frankly, for most, it has brought major setbacks in our lives.
We’ve collected our favorite economic collapse quotes in hopes to inspire you to make investments in your own handsand strive for an optimistic economic recovery.
98 Economic Collapse Quotes (when a financial crisis looms)
Economic Crisis Quotes
“History reminds us that dictators and despots arise during times of severe economic crisis.” ― Robert Kiyosaki
“During an economic crisis, what matters is that the government keeps its foot on the accelerator.” ― David Ignatius
“The 2008 economic crisis and Great Recession forced widespread restructuring throughout the U.S. economy – not unlike a company gritting its teeth through a lifesaving bankruptcy.” ― Roger Altman
We all knew this. We all knew that it would take more time than any of us want to dig ourselves out of this hole created by this economic crisis. ― Barack Obama
“Investors are impatient and they are also desperate for the ‘next big thing,’ and they are not paying attention to the fact that the ‘next big thing’ can be an economic crisis that they have created by being very irresponsible with their power.” ― Carmen Busquets
Racism is always there underneath, but usually, it is exploited in these times of economic crisis, and it’s hard to find out when one slides into another. ― Iris Chang
I experienced the year 2000 dot com crash and the 2008 financial crisis, and it almost wiped out the company. ― Eric Yuan
Too few people in my old field of financial services were ever brought to book for their part in the 2008 crash. ― Andrea Leadsom
Europe has, to put it mildly, been in a poor state since the transition to the 21st century. This is down to national issues, European missteps, and an economic and financial crisis that crashed down on us with enough force to dislodge the essential European idea. ― Helmut Kohl
Stock Market Crash Quotes
11. After 1929, so many people had been traumatized by the stock market crash that there was a lost generation. ― Ron Chernow
12. I’ve learned that things change. The whole boy band thing almost turned into a stock market crash. ― Max Martin
13. The Mexican debt crisis, Latin American debt crisis, the crises of the 1990s, the Wall Street stock market crash, and other events should have reminded us, and did remind us, that financial instability remains a concern, remains a problem. ― Ben Bernanke
14. I was 5 years old when the stock market crashed; I lost everything. ― Dick Van Dyke
15. When my book ‘Rich Dad’s Prophecy’ was released in 2002, most financial newspapers and magazines trashed it because I discussed a looming stock market crash. ― Robert Kiyosaki
16. The culture of self-gratification and deregulation that began during the Clinton years and continued under President George W. Bush led to the bursting of one stock market bubble at the turn of the century and a full-scale financial crash less than a decade later. Zbigniew Brzezinski
17. Smoot and Hawley ginned up The Tariff Act of 1930 to get America back to work after the Stock Market Crash of ’29. Instead, it destroyed trade so effectively that by 1932, American exports to Europe were just a third of what they had been in 1929. World trade fell two-thirds as other nations retaliated. Jobs evaporated. Elaine Chao